Exciting In-Class Parent Volunteer Opportunity
Junior Achievement (JA) is a worldwide non-profit organization providing in-class programs for Kindergarten – 12th grade.
JA programs relate what our students are already learning in school to real-life situations. In simple terms, JA connects the dots to relate lessons learned in school to real world applications. JA’s goals include preparing our students for work-readiness by introducing the ideas of business ownership, managing money and personal finances. These values can begin at an early elementary age and give our kids ideas to help them dream big for their futures!
What A JA Volunteer Needs To Know:
- JA programs consist of 5 classroom sessions lasting 30-45 minutes each.
- Each session includes interactive activities and/or games.
- Days and times of each session are scheduled by you directly with the teacher to suit your availability.
- Classroom teachers will always be in the room to provide support and discipline.
- Sessions are outlined in an easy to follow guide.
- JA provides all volunteers with training (on-line or in person) and a kit containing all materials needed for the program.
- No experience necessary! You provide your time and enthusiasm to make a difference.
- JA programs are fun and rewarding for students and presenters!
- Clearances are required in order to volunteer.
Please contact me with any questions, or to volunteer in your child’s class.
Krista Hoppel, Program Manager, Krista@jascpa.org
**Volunteers must have their clearances on file and approved at the South Western Administration Office**